5 Quick Roofing Contractor Tips
The roof of your home is possibly the most important part of your home yet it is also one of the most commonly neglected parts of the house. Most homeowners just do not think about the roof until they find a leak, a branch comes down in a storm, or something else happens. If the time has come to get some repairs made, keep these roofing contractor tips in mind.
- Make sure you only work with a written contract. Get everything in writing and ensure you and the contractor agree to the terms and have signed all the papers before any work starts. The bid should be in writing and list out the prices for everything that will be involved in the work. Of all the roofing contractor tips this is one of the most critical!
- Check out the references and credentials of the roofer prior to letting them begin the work. Make sure you check into any references the contractor gives you- do not just take their word for it. Also check that they are properly licensed and insured before you hire them.
- Never pay up front for the work. You can expect to make a down payment so that the contractor can get the supplies and begin work. However, do not pay for the entire job upfront. Always hold the last of the payment for when the job is completed and you are satisfied with the work.
- Make sure you get multiple bids. You should get at least four or five bids from other contractors before you make your choice. Watch out for lowball bids as well as bids that are much higher than the others. But also keep in mind that you get what you pay for. This is the one tips of all the roofing contractor tips that most homeowners gloss over and later regret doing so.
- Check the codes before work begins. You need to make sure that the work you are having done on the roof falls within local codes and regulations, or you may end up paying for roof work that has to be torn down because it does not pass inspection.
Having roof work done is a big job. Make sure that you do your best to find the best contractor, spend some time looking, do your homework, and make sure that your roofing work gets done right. With these roofing contractor tips in hand, you can be better prepared to find the roofing contractor that is right for you and your roofing needs! Contact Stay Dry Roofing today for the best help available for residential roofing needs!